And here I find myself again… weeks have passed since I last made time to bang on about something or other. Sorry about that, but then again I’m sure you’ll all understand. There is lots of news and newsworthy items to catch you up on, but I might just skip that tedium, and just tell you about what’s coming up on my radar… CANADA! SWITZERLAND! GERMANY! NIECES! NEPHEWS! SIBLINGS! ADVENTURES! HORRIFIC 15HR FLIGHTS!
If you can’t tell, I’m stupendously excited. We’re heading north for some #theverymoodyhousehold adventuring. With a single day of work standing between me and that passport scan (just doesn’t hold the same romantic notion as the old passport stamp, does it?), the overbearing thoughts of packing have reached peak heights. Refer below… and I might add, these items are just for the boys and what I consider bare minimum for a 5 weeke international trip where we’ll be washing wherever possible… Grimace and I are yet to attempt any packing!
Anyway, my incredible list making ability is coming into play… I’ve made the following lists, and I’m sure I’ll only add to these lists in the coming days:
- General Packing Items list
- Kid item and clothes specific list
- Family toiletries packing list
- My packing list
- Carry-on packing list
- A “to-buy” list
- A general to do list (eg. Activate global roaming data pack, put kombuca SCOBY into hibernation, washing and nappies all washed and hung etc) <whilst typing this out, I’ve just thought of 4 more things to add > 😝
- Casual run-sheet for departure day (Just to make sure all 4 bodies get on that flight bound for Canada, with the house in some sort of state not resembling a battle zone).
So, hopefully the next you hear from me, I’ll be posting fun travel-with-kids facts!
Now, where did I put those lists? And the pen…
One thought on “An inadvertent while”
You write so well -really enjoy reading your blog -well done – Dad